Wednesday, February 03, 2010

messiness

Wow two posts in one day, I'm on a roll. I'm on baby duty while daughter spends a few hours with friends that are moving out of state. So, I'm surfing some of the sites that I have saved in my favorites, and some were altered art, some scrapbooking. I have started an art journal but have not gotten very far in it :( I have a drawing journal in my nightstand, which doesn't get used much because, well, I can't draw. I can see the picture in my head and oh man it is perfect in every way, but when it comes to putting it on paper, NOPE!!!! And then, I just bought a mini sketchbook to use as another art journal. But, I have begun to understand why I am NOT getting very far in any of my journals!!!!
I AM AFRAID TO BE MESSY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In my crafting and well pretty much in all aspects of my life, everything must be clean and a certain way or it irritates me. I never used to be like this, I was a messy messy girl LOL Now, even my kids comment that I won't let them do anything because if it isn't done a certain way I am just going to go back and fix it myself. How do I get out of this habit in my crafting???? I so want to be a messy art journaller. I want to make messy pages and not have them look neat and pristine.
Ok I had to get that out, it was really bothering me.
Have a good one.

1 comment:

Virginia said...

Hi Hun

Noticed I had a new follower on my blog (thank you) so came along to see what you're up to - I can so relate to that messy question - I'm like that - strangely enough my scrapping tends to be pristine but I'm kind of getting used to things not being just perfect in my art journal! I suggest on the 'can't draw' front you start using images out of magazines - I used to hate advertisements in magazines - now they are my favourite part! Because I can't draw for toffee so I cut them out and often paint over them, add to them, stamp on them etc - sometimes a picture in a mag really speaks out to me and sums up what I want to say so I use it! On the messy front - ease yourself into it! Try making a journal out of brown paper bags and promise yourself not to use your ruler or a trimmer or even scissors just fold and tear - extreme yes but fun! Secondly if you don't want to get messy or get your home messy get some newspapers and lay them down then get out some paints, put on an apron and roll up your sleeves and paint. It's fun, don't worry if you don't like it once your done, leave it, come back to it and add to it, layers, extra paper, strips of scrap paper anything - just go for it! And most of all have fun - art journaling is for you, you can keep it private to yourself so it doesn't matter what it looks like provided you like it!

Hugs